Tuesday 3 May 2011

I need air!!!!

I am getting a bit sick of this city. Buenos Aires, for all it offers in terms of a good night out, is at the end of it all...dirty. There is ALWAYS rubbish around, and if it ever was in a big plastic bag, the homeless ensure it doesn´t remain there, ripping them open in the search for bottles they can return for a small amount of money. That part, at least, shows an attempt by the city to recycle. Beyond that, no care at ALL is given to the environment. Yesterday, a man actually threw his cigarette out the car window and almost into my cheek. Pelotudo.

Yesterday I woke up after my roommates had left, so I had no one to hang with, and I took myself for a walk around the city. Obviously not the whole city because it is MASSIVE, but finally made it to a place that sold phone chargers. Thank fuck. I now have an alarm clock, a normal clock (although that I could do without) and potentially a place to contact me, although all my credit has disappeared somewhere. Maybe in the deep crevice of time...

So my walks yesterday and also today reminded me that I need to get OUT of this city. I need clean air, I need pastures new, I need animals, I need space... But they´re not making it easy for me. I have tried several times to book my ferry to Colonia, Uruguay but my card won´t work on the website (I hope at least I haven´t booked my ticket 3x!!) so now I have to walk to the office tomorrow and try to get it for the same price as the internet. Hmmm.. let´s see how I go with that. Bad Spanish, start your engines!!!!

When I return from Uruguay, I will have friends from Australia to party with for a couple of days and possibly that hot tattooist, although I think I will be too early for him. That is a shame. Anyway, bed is calling me... I woke up at a reasonable hour today to try and promote the ill-fated Pub Quiz (seriously, GIVE IT UP people) and also check out the Botanical Gardens with my roommates. Full of cats. And not allowed to lie on the grass. Grr. Yawn. I am out.

No comments:

Post a Comment