Sunday 13 June 2010

Sun, sun, glorious Lisbon sun!

After a micro sleep about as comfortable as a massage with my hessian sack hair, I begrudgingly dragged myself out of bed, avoided looking directly at my bloodshot eyes in the mirror and readied for my plane to Lisbon. Having also avoided a teary farewell from dad and my brother – due mainly to lack of sleep rather than emotion – I created an inspiring concoction of a small ball of hash (kindly donated by a random lady at the pub in Sarlat) washed down with a Relentless energy drink shot. Well I didn't want to just throw it out did I? Hmmm… my poor body has been confused for quite a few hours.

Regardless, I scored a semi-nap on the plane, perked up a little when I heard the weather was going to be 30 degrees, and again avoided my eyes in the airport toilets before I hoisted my behemoth of a backpack onto my back. After some amazing investigative skill (since he didn’t answer my 20 stalker phonecalls to him), I have now navigated my way to the suburban house my Porto friend is staying at and am waiting for him to reach the land of the living via the shower, and then into town to drop my bags, find a bloody beautician and sort myself out!

Later that day...

I'm now in the place I'm staying with A (his cousin's) and it's got wireless so I guess you'll be seeing many more updates from me while I'm in Lisbon - are u EXCITED YET?

We're gonna have sardines at his brother's place tonight, apparently that's the delicacy here around this time of year... But since the big patron saint party was last nite, I expect everyone to be a little sorry for themselves and won't kick on too late. Whatever, I'm easy. No jokes there thanks.

We're heading somewhere beautiful tomorrow apparently, so I can't wait for that. I'm just gonna follow A around while he's tour guide for me, it's brilliant - I can't speak a lick of Portuguese (except thanks and excuse me) so I feel I won't be quite the rip-off target I may've been by myself. I'll leave that for all the other places I'm going afterwards haha

No comments:

Post a Comment