Wednesday 30 June 2010

Sorry old man, I don't do 70+

So this old man in the park. As I said in previous blog, I was just enjoying the sun in this beautiful park in Porto, lying on some rocks (it was comfy I swear!) and this old man walks past. He comes up to me and starts talking portuguese - I explained I can't understand him so he just smiles gently and leans over to kiss my forehead. Slightly weird, I thought. But I'll let that one go.

Then he points to some seats in the sun so I oblige and let him lead me there. I'm sitting there and he sits next to me. Kisses me AGAIN on the forehead after more failed attempts to talk to me. Then gets my arm and puts it across his shoulders. A little more weird. I pull away, saying 'too hot too hot', not wanting to upset the poor old man. And I'm talking old. At least 75.

Undeterred, he then tries to grab my hand and sit there hand in hand with me. I've just met this dude. WTF??? So I pull my hand away gently. Maybe the old geezer just wants a friend. So I continue to sit there cross-legged looking at the view of the Douro river and Porto town. He then offers his lap for me to lie down again. I refuse and immediately start to think of evacuation plans. After he offers to take a pic of me with my camera, I decide it's time. I bail. Luckily he doesn't follow.

But WEIRD right?????????

No comments:

Post a Comment