Thursday 3 June 2010

Sex museums, modeling propositions, crazy lesbian bar maids... it could only be Pigalle!

This is just going to be a quickie (no pun intended) but I just got back from my first trip to the apparently seedy Pigalle area. Now I'm not saying the streets are paved with gold here but in comparison to Sydney's 'seedy' area, Kings Cross, it was quite mild I thought!
My sister, her ranga boyfriend and I were planning on heading to Moulin Rouge but having not booked ahead, we faced a completely sold out show and opted instead for an erotica museum. Fun times. While we were there, there seemed to be some people with large media cameras and some free drinks floating around, then we realised the world's most flexible woman was in the house promoting a new exhibition of her bendy pics. One of the photographers took a fancy to me strangely and told me he was doing an exhibition on tattoos and alternative looking people so gave me his card and said to get in touch. No harm in at least talking to the guy - if it comes through, I'll just have to come back to Paris with one of my mates as my 'agent' (ie protector) and voila, another trip to Paris!! Yay!
After that we went to a cute little out of the way bar where this crazy lesbian bar maid talked our ears off in French while we nodded politely and served us 'amazing'/actually very average rose wine. Super.
Alright, that's it, I must sleep.... x

No comments:

Post a Comment