Saturday 26 June 2010

Horse + South Africa + travel = AWESOMETASTIC!!!

So I am very excited right now because as I've been relaxing in T's front room all day surfing the net, I've come across some beautiful locations and opportunities to volunteer my horseriding experience around the world. Although it changes every other day - and depending on availability at said host properties - I am now thinking I could work on a Romanian Lipizzaner horse stud for a few months before it starts to cool off then head to South Africa to assist on horse safaris through the natural park. Can you IMAGINE what it would be like to live that life for a while??? Get up, ready the horses, jump on, ride through wild landscapes and catch a glimpse of a rhino or lion on occasion.... wow is all I can say, wow. UPDATE: Always read the fine print - they charge 995 euros A MONTH for this amazing experience. What a crock!!! You work your ass off and they still pocket almost a thousand euros. Grr grr grrrrrrr.

Then there's next year... I'm thinking of going to South America for February as it's Carnivale season, then I'm told by my new Brazilian friend they start to look for people to hire doing things like teaching English. So, if all goes well, I could be living in South America for 6 months or something, just absorbing the culture, the people and the energy of the place. So many opportunities abound!!! I must remember to bookmark this blog to come back to in my moments of doubt about my gypsy adventure.

Fingers crossed, please get back to me!!!

Last night at T's house, then I'm off to meet another Couchsurfing contact, R, to stay with him for a couple of nights. Then flying to Madrid, then straight to Budapest for my bday and pre-Exit festival exploring :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment