Tuesday 15 June 2010

The first specks of proper tan

After checking out the Bairro Alto district - where all the cool kids hang apparently (dunno y i wasn't instantly magnetised there then) - with T, my host for this week, and trying the local cocktail Morangoska (yummmm), I got home at a reasonable hour and prepared for beach times the next day.

Today (ie the next day), we battled strikes on the metro to finally get to the beach and plonked ourselves like bacon to the pan under the midday sun. I'm feeling a little tenderised now but I feel it will turn to tan, nay I HOPE it will turn to tan and not just peel off as it's so often known to do on my body.

I've now watched 2 games of the World Cup (portugal v ivory coast and brazil v n korea) so I'm all footballed out and itching to go into town for some drinks (and no, it's not just the sunburn that itches, I drank the house out of beer - eeeeek).

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment