Saturday 7 January 2012

Old Years Pt II: Blingin' up the boardwalk

Our dinner of steak n 2 veg was a resounding success, especially compared to the flat pink champagne we bought to toast out the old year. It filled us up good n proper, and soon we were on our way, lookin mighty fine may I add, me blinged up to the max and for the first time wearing my very short sparkly dress without tights underneath. Well, I never!

We found a cab no problems, a surprise on a night like this, and got to the boardwalk to find it pretty empty. Ahh, that's why... we're too early! But at least we got the cab's number so we knew we could get home at the end of it all.

Everyone had said, "go to the boardwalk, go to the boardwalk" for Old Years, so we did. But when we got there, we didn't really know what to do exactly... so we wandered around, settling at this bar n that, getting bought each drink by some random guy who would then wish us well and be on his way. Sweet!

Eventually, we got to a bar where we ran into the two people who'd asked us to come clubbing with them on the street the night before, when Emma was too drunk to accept (she finally found out the true power of the guavaberry). First time I'd ever seen her turn down an invitation to party!

So we sat down with M and A, who weren't a couple just friends as we'd mistakenly thought the first time we met. They turned out to be really cool, so we settled in for a night of mischief n mayhem - starting with 3, 2, 1, of course! 20 minutes before the big bang, my boy called me and talked me right into the new year. Bless him, he made sure he got through to me so that would happen. Start the year how you wanna end it, right? With my baby right with me.

After we toasted the turning of the clock with fireworks and a bottle of Moet (courtesy of M), we jumped in his car and drove all the way to the collection of bars by Maho, the airport beach. Erm was keen to get clubbing - I think she wanted to see some hotties too - but we stopped in first to say hi to their friend at a smaller bar nearby. Turned out that friend was a guy I knew too, and it was drinks on the house for us all!! A had called me in the car on the way there but I was too far gone to really concentrate on him, poor thing, so he gave up.

Eventually we did make it to Bliss, where it was so late (or early) they didn't charge us entry. I think it was about 3:30am. We had a dance, I talked bad Spanish to some Venezualan guys, E soon had some guy's arms wrapped around her and then an invitation to go to their house materialised. Well, it was really for E, but I had struck up a conversation with a nice guy who was still in love with his ex so we were talking love... and I thought it best I go with E to this mystery house.

After driving down a series of gated driveways for seemingly forever, we found ourselves at a pimpin' place with its own jetty, high roofs, spacious living areas, luxurious bedrooms and a stunning view of the rising sun. First thing on the agenda - swimming! I'd been promised there was water and there was. Simpson Bay lagoon... now in the light I'm not sure it would have been the cleanest water but I didn't care. Wasn't even that worried about sharks. A little bit, though.

The guys were American, didn't really tell us much about themselves or how they could afford such a place, but seemed nice enuf. A little bit dorky n weird that there was 3 single guys all in this huge house, but I wasn't really looking for anything so I didn't mind. Found out the guy keen on E was actually 34, not that old but you could tell from his body in his boardshorts that it was getting on. And he was getting greys. He was a little bit of a loser in the end.

We got hungry and drove to the 24 hour place, which was the busiest I'd ever seen it (at 8 in the morning!). My back had started to hurt for some reason so I asked if I could get dropped home (after my food was ready of course, and a guavaberry on ice), and they obliged. I left E in their hands as she was still keen to party and I knew where they lived anyway - in hindsight, it would have saved her much more hassle if she'd just come back with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment