Sunday 11 December 2011

Tightass Saturday

Saturday night. Doing the washing. Oh, what a life I lead!

Was a pretty shitty day at work today, forget Tightass Tuesday, it was Tightass Saturday fo sho. Got the least amount of tips yet - just $8! I don't know what was up with everyone today, but J didn't get much either. I think I went on 3 rides, the last just a couple who booked an hour and ended up getting me all to themselves. I always think, if it's your first time on a horse, if I make it such a friggin enjoyable experience, where's the money dawwwg??

On the other hand, it's not often you get tipped by experienced riders, especially ones who didn't read the brochure correctly. I had these 2 guys who worked with the rodeo in America disappointed it wasn't a 2-hour ride with running etc. Not sure where they got that idea from. They also tried to convince me that Wyoming was better than Colorado - where all these people think I should visit - because "in Wyoming you can find interesting types, like the man who just wears a diaper and a cowboy hat." Hold the phone, I'm booking my flight now!

Also, it rained unbelievably heavily last night - I was woken up by it! - so the ground was horrendously muddy and I was most of the day in my Crocs, which seep in the delightful mud/manure/piss/anything else mixture every time I squelch into a surprisingly deep mud pile. Sometimes you just can't tell, and then it's too late.

According to the paper, there were 8 cruise ships in today. Considering that number, we weren't at all that busy. I guess there's still a few contracts to garner for those companies.

Oh, I picked up a frog skeleton today. DIdn't actually realise that's what it was until I threw it away. Actually thought it was leftover strips of bacon fat sitting on a saddle attracting ants, and as it fell to the ground I noticed the vague shape of a head and a spine. But it was all squishy, not like bones... GROSS!!!

Got told to be a bit cleaner in the kitchen by the finicky old man that got me the gas, basically because one night I drank a beer and forgot to put the empty bottle in the bin, oh and I also sometimes leave my used matches on the bench. SHOCK, HORROR! I told him to chill out over a few matches and that I wasn't actually the only one using his stove when we didn't have gas, so whatever he was cleaning wasn't necessarily my leftovers. Fuck that, I do not like being told I'm careless and messy. They are just lucky they didn't live with those PIGS I lived with in London...

It's times like that I don't wanna hang around this island. I just want to go back to Australia, rent a flat with my boy and only have him pissing me off in my house! But then I go to the beach and look at the crystal clear water, feel the cool summer breeze and lay on the warm sand. And I could stay a little longer. Just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment