Saturday 10 December 2011

I don't do dead things

The morning began with the daily feeding of the dogs, although this time it was a little different. When I went to let the dogs out from the backyard, I heard something screech and when the dogs ran to the gate, the Labrador X, Angel, came with a nice little present, a baby chicken breathing its dying breaths in her mouth. Oh dear. I yelled for her to drop, but she just ran away wagging her tail.

I went to R's dad to ask him to fetch the dead thing - since I don't do dead things and it is most certainly in my job description - but he said he was scared of Sheeba, the shepherd type dog. Seems most people are scared of that dog, but FINE with picking up a dead chicken. I'm waiting for the day she turns on me. Maybe when I stop feeding her. So we looked for the chicken but it wasn't around, so maybe Angel buried it (I found it later in the corner, Angel uses it to play with - GROSS).

So it wasn't a super busy day today... ended up getting a mild sum of tips after just 2 rides so it was nothing spectacular. Polly followed me again, this time not chasing any horses just being a cool, calm farm dog that no one had any problems being there. I really hope the boss doesn't spit chips when he comes back and she is following me everywhere.

It wasn't the COLDEST day I've had here... Seriously, I found myself sweating pretty much the entire day. Even when I was seemingly doing nothing I was sweating. These beads, they just draw from every pore in me and cascade down my body, fighting for the first chance to touch ground.

I was asked to round up the horses and cows, funny because I always seem to leave a few cows or horses (or both) behind, not really knowing at this stage which I should be counting in the paddock. I chose Tornado to do the rounding up, because he is the best. I think I've explained how good this horse is, but just to reiterate... no bit is needed to ride him. At just 4 YEARS OLD. Amazing. Only thing is, he kicks and he has a sensitive back. Otherwise, he'd be perfect.

Hung around for some beers after work, also do look at the sunset (of course), it is really stunning here. Just chilled a bit then went home. L asked if I wanted to go for drinks, seeing as I wasn't doing much else tomorrow, but I said no. Just wanted to keep it lowkey. And luckily so, my boy decided to call me at some absurd hour (11pm) to see how I was doing. I'd just been thinking about him. But MAN, was he in a paranoid mood. Thinking I was all doing wrong things n shit. Bless him, he's so far away now. What else can he does but worry??

No comments:

Post a Comment