Thursday 2 December 2010

Thrifty buys and burning surprise

I saw a care on fire last night. I don't know how or why it happened but when we drove past in Dannenburg, the bonnet was ablaze. As horrible as I'm sure it was for the owner, who luckily was not inside at the time, all I wanted to do was stop the car and get out to warm my frozen body.

Anyway in that same trip to the shops, I went thrift shopping and got another jersey for 1.50 euros (super sweet!) and some shoes that don't actually let wetness in. This is a new experience for this little gypsy, whose shoe collection currently comprises one pair of cowboy boots with a split across the entire sole, almost completely broken slip-ons from H&M, my beloved heeled brogues, flip flops, mesh-material sneakers and house slippers. An entirely inappropriate ensemble for the depths of German winter.

I've finally gotten the dates from T re wedding and Prague so can now do some more planning. It seems I do have time to come back here for Christmas so will try to do so as I think it will be a lovely experience. I've really come to like everyone here, they don't expect much from me so it makes me want to do more, and G is such a kind and welcoming spirit, just the type of person I hope to be when I am her age (51 I think).

I hope to go riding this afternoon in the snow, a first for me (except for Iceland, although it was more raining with snow on the ground), but if J is feeling better she will take June and I won't have anyone to ride. I'm sure there will be another time to ride so I'm not fussed. The house is so terribly warm :)

Finally booked a reasonably priced train to Bratislava, from the station just half an hour away from here amazingly enuf. And no changes on the train - hello sleeping pill town! Planning to get back here and then to Munich and back again for Christmas is another thing entirely, however...

No comments:

Post a Comment