Friday 3 December 2010

Lazy days

For some reason I am really tired today. I woke up to feed the horses by 8am and afterwards fell asleep again until G woke me up at midday to feed again. I feel like all I´ve done today is sleep and feed horses. But luckily it´s not too cold and I can work outside for a reasonable amount of time before my limbs start seizing up.

I worked L´s horse Cowry today, it was pleasantly surprising that he was quite well trained and in the same manner I trained my beautiful girl Issi. But not perfect so at least there´s something to work on there. I wanted to ride today but it was one of those lazy days... evidently. Me and L watched some Sex & the City (in English, thank god, these German dubbings really throw me) and I finally pulled myself outside to work Cowry just before feeding time.

I´m madly working on my lesson plan for next week. It will be third week of teaching and I´m determined to be more organised this time. Although I have successfully flown by seat of said pants these past times, I don´t want to have the stressed feeling at the end of each school day, anxious about what the next day will bring. I was, as I guessed, asked to do another week straight after next but I declined. It would stuf around the people I´m staying with too much and I need a break - two weeks in a row is just too much for a fledgling teach like moi. I don't know how my mum has done it for umpteen years!

I had a few pangs of loneliness today as I looked on Facebook at what my mates in Oz and London were getting up to... this gypsy life can be so isolated sometimes but I just gotta remember how amazing it all is. And I won´t be away from home forever. I guess I´m also a bit scared to go home because I know it will be another stretch of no luck in love. Australia is not my love BFF, that´s fo sho. But no, I gotta stay positive - no expectations, no letdowns. At least I have my gorgeous friends waiting there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment