Monday 13 December 2010

A glorious day

I had a wonderful day today. I did my normal waking up by 8am to feed then falling back asleep til midday routine, so I was plenty rested and had lots of downtime to think about my plans for next year. Who knows how I will manage to meditate in Prague, my mind is constantly going.

At the midday feed, it started snowing again but beautiful, fat clumps of snowflakes that I am still fascinated by, and I didn´t mind at all being out amongst it all so I decided to pick up all the leftover apples. Then after some internet surfing, I knew it was time. Time to tackle the beast that is my hair. It was dirty, I have a wedding coming up and I could not go with my hair in that state.

I decided to use the bath tub for better mobility and also the shower fills up slightly around my feet and if I was washing my hair, the hairs would be floating around and possibly start to touch me and cling to me. Hideous. So the bath it was. But before the big wash, I slid into the steaming water to just soak myself. As I did so, I looked out the window at the falling snow and white everything, and wondered if I´d ever have such an experience again. After a while it got too hot and I opened the window to let the cold air in. What a feeling...

Then, just as I was snug n warm in my fisherman pants, J came in asking if I wanted to ride to the shop for some chocolate. I fashioned my hair middle eastern style with a towel under my hoodie and was ready to roll. Quite effective really. I´m still wearing it as I type this.

The ride was beautiful, not really cold at all, and the snow had stopped so everything was just that beautiful white silence that only fresh snowfall can bring. I wish I had my camera.

Then when I was tidying up the kitchen, J came over with their cute little 4 year old daughter M because she said she wanted to hang out with me. They had explained I couldn´t understand her but she didn´t care, and just followed me around jabbering in German and throwing my sparkly tutu around the place. So easily amused.

And now I´m about to eat pumpkin soup for dinner. So yes, I would say that today was possibly the nicest day I´ve had here so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment