Tuesday 28 September 2010

Heading in for the big surprise...

Halfway done and I'm in Singapore. To be fair, the flight wasn't as painful as I'd feared it would be - except for the fact the presents I'd bought for my sister and brother were confiscated at Frankfurt airport due to another security screening (they were over 100ml). Would've been NICE for someone to tell me that in London before I shelled out money I really don't have to buy them. I ripped my things off the conveyer belt and slumped into a chair at the boarding gate before turning on Glassjaw really loud in my headphones. Angry, angry!!!!

The guy sitting next to me was German I think, not bad looking but amazing arms and body. He offered to change his seat with the woman who was there before and had complained of pain in her legs. I think he got a free choice of anything up to $100 worth in the shopping brochure. Dammit, I could've used that to buy more presents!

Now I'm eerily close to being home... yes, this is what I've been hinting at all month. September will be a busy one. Yes indeedy. Stay tuned. Fucking oath. This will be one manic week from hell but hopefully also a chance to catch my besties if not for just one night.

I do worry about some of them though, I've been away for a while and feel I've grown apart from them, that they won't be as excited to see me as I them. It's not so much the ones I've been in close contact with, more the others I speak to less. I worry I'm going to feel isolated and out of the loop with them because I haven't been there to join in their jokes. And some of them have actually started to grow up. Like, serious stuff. Babies, weddings, jobs... FAAARRRRKKKK!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment