Wednesday 15 September 2010

Finally feeling the gratitude

So after all my bitching and moaning about this self-righteous ass, when it came to farewell time he actually allowed me to say my piece about his behaviour and still poured compliments on me afterwards. They asked for feedback as to working on the farm etc, so after holding back from my true feelings, they pressed me for more and I thought fuck it, and said in a well-executed way that his yelling and cursing in front of me made me feel awkward, uncomfortable and I felt it was unnecessary in getting his point across. I also said I wasn't used to hearing someone speak to his partner like that and I preferred to walk away and not listen, but it was quite hard when it was dinner time or the like.

His response was that he appreciated my fiesty and upfront attitude, and candid nature, that in this sense I truly represented the stereotype of Australians, he was thankful for the progress made with Gina and A, he felt more confident with moving her onto the cart and one day learning to do it himself, and almost begged me to return if I came back to visit the other hosts one day. I was a little shocked, as I thought he thought I was a lazy little bitch but I guess it all is a front with him. God knows why anyone feels the need to hide behind a cavalcade of swear words and insults but each to their own.

I almost cried when I hugged A goodbye, though, she is such a beautiful person and we really did get along. I would almost brave going back there just to see her. On my last night there she brought in an injured cat from a car crash and nursed it all night. She had to get it put down the next day though, because of the injuries it had sustained. Poor thing.

So there it is. Goodbye Idicel, with your electrocuting shower, shitty toilet paper, carb-saturated vegetarian meals, angry male leader and cute little local banditos. I will miss some of you. Good riddance to the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment