Tuesday 28 September 2010

Charlston dance-offs, bday shenanigans...

The day of the big party. Although, as per usual, I managed to use every inch of my spare time to catch up with other mates. First, I went to the beach though - just beautiful, the day was gorgeous and the area is surprisingly un-bogan around here. I think over the hill is a different story.

Then another bestie M came round, we headed out to a local music festival where another friend was DJing and had sorted some tickets for us, and hung there for about an hour before having to come back. I rushed to ready myself and ran over to the party - Great Gatsby theme, which I was well happy about. Had plenty of clothes to choose from in my burlesque drawer!

It was full-on seeing all these people, some of which I hadn't seen in years and had to update not only on overseas adventures but what I'd done since school (8 years ago!). So that was a annoying, feeling like a broken record, but I'm kinda used to it. Anyway, it's not like I hate talking at the best of times! I had lots of compliments on my outfit etc so that was good, but everyone really did put in a stellar effort and it really set the mood for the whole evening.

There was a jazz band, a couple of Charlston dancers who got people up to teach them a dance (me and another girl were the 'finalists' in the competition but it was quite clear who was used to being on a stage out of the two of us! haha), the bar was free-flowing and the whole set-up just worked. Funnest party I've been to in a while.

Of course, I managed to still almost make a fool out of myself by the end of the night, given the absolute favourite of my sister's friend was there, being his amazing, perfect self... sigh. But he didn't take it to heart, we were all drunk... And hey, it was the after party at my sister's best friend's holiday house by that stage. There was all kinds of dancing shenanigans going on on that dance floor!!! Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment