Tuesday 21 September 2010

Another night, another barrel of beer

Last night I got to catch up with my souf Lundun mate and one of his high school friends, both funny guys so it was assured I was pissing myself all night. This drinking session had followed on from a day of catching up with my own high school buddy and walking around Shoreditch with one of B's doggies, Rabbit. So cute!! I miss having a dog! The weather was quite decent so I stayed outside as much as possible. Gotta soak this up while it lasts!!

Oh, and I washed my hair. Another epic mission that required pre-planning to ensure ample drying conditions - good weather, right time of the day, right schedule... Blah!

The longer I stay in London, the more comfortable I get - it's feeling more like 'home' in the sense that I am familiar with everything and nothing really surprises or challenges me. I don't like this feeling. I had gotten used to these random cities where no one speaks your language, I have no idea where I am or indeed where I'm going. That in itself had become a bit of a comfort. Strange, yes, but I have now gotten used to my 'wandering gypsy' mindset and this is all part of it.

So would I move back to London had I the choice? Not right now. What I need to be doing is challenging myself. Learning more about the world and letting it learn about me :) When I look at the world map, I still stagger to think how much of it I HAVEN'T seen. It's crazy!! And hopefully I will be able to see much more before I head back to Oz for my sister's wedding in August. I've already downloaded Excel calendars for 2010/11 to colour-code all the things I want to do and from here until mid-2011 that will hopefully include Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Wales, Cyprus, Turkey and South Africa. Double smiley face.

No comments:

Post a Comment