Saturday 3 July 2010

An apartment to myself in Budapest? Don't mind if I do!!

After the hectic mission to get to Budapest, I was absolutely spent and slept in late the next day. Actually, I've been here 3 days and I've done that continuously so maybe I'm just a lazy mo fo :)

To be fair, yesterday was my bday and I was up doing various things until almost 6am. So give me a break. It was an interesting bday actually... I woke up next to a rather fine specimen (don't mind if I do) so I already had a smile on my face. Then we went to his mate's house who apparently just cooks for him cos he's useless, had a feed, smoke, drink then went on our merry way.

Well, that merriment soon faded as I trekked around the city behind the big man as he did little errands and my dreams of getting to the river slipped from my hands. I got grumpy and a little sad from missing my family and friends on my bday so (after apologising which apparently he just DOES NOT DO so I should be thankful????) he took me to the water and dropped me somewhere I'd probably enjoy myself. Won't see him again til Sunday morning but I got the keys to his apartment so I'm not too upset really ;)

Took me all over 5 mins to find new friends - an American guy and Canadian girl - who were nice, the American was (unsurprisingly) a little irritating and always trying to debate every point we made, particularly on his views on bigotry and sexism. Back the truck up mate. Anyway, we wandered around the island (place in between Buda and Pest with a few clubs that weren't really kicking into gear yet), and then headed towards a strobe light in the middle of town. Turns out it was a really bad dance club filled with over 40s going mental to it. Hilarious but also a little scary.

Then I met up with a new Couchsurfing friends who is actually Hungarian and knows some cool bars, so we walked (luckily towards my place) and found Simpla this really cool bar made out of a building that was bombed so it had no roof in the middle and an open drinking area. Tried to get photos but my camera is shit. End of story. Made friends with some Swedish guys, one of which was a bit sweet on me I think but nada. Not interested. But yeah, B walked me home and I entertained myself in my little flat (seriously, who would've thought I'd be flitting around my own apartment in Budapest a couple of months ago in London???) before collapsing for a mega sleep-in. Ahhh yeah...

Now off to explore the park and get some FOOD. Man, I'm hungry. And I should get dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment