Monday 26 July 2010

Never teach an old stallion new tricks

OK, well I learnt a valuable lesson today. Luckily not with my face this time. If you are a young girl of reasonable strength, perhaps a little lower than normal, do not attempt to try and teach an old stallion new tricks. Ai ai ai... My hands, I can confidently say, are now red raw from pulling back from the almighty beast and I am pretty sure when I wake tomorrow I am going to be sore in places I didn't even know I had muscles. And that was just from trying to walk him down the st.

The guests and girls left with H today for their multi-day trek and I was left minding the farm. And trying to train a stallion. Silly me. Luckily the gypos helped me get him in the right stable, there was NO way I was gettin him to move. I swear I have never met a more powerful or stubborn animal. And I know some stubborn men.

So I rested my hands for a couple of hours (by typing on my computer, go figure) and then waited a little longer for one of the gypos to take some oats to the pension the guys were staying in tonight. Turns out it's a helluva nice place and as they turned up to eat dinner, I was yearning for a taste. Not to be, however, as me and the gypo were bid farewell and drove back in language barrier silence. Except for the times he spoke and just said 'da, da' like I was totally on the same page. I'm getting good at that.

Now I'm back at the homestead, all by my lonesome besides the dogs, and not really looking fwd to sleeping alone at the guest house across the st. But I am taking dogs, oh yes I am. Tomorrow there is meant to be a French girl coming to ride but I don't think she's confirmed so I'm not expecting anything. I'll just have breakfast and then head out by myself. Some peace and quiet, twill be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment