Sunday 12 June 2011

The sweet (free) sounds of classical La Paz

This morning was to be the first of many mornings would wake up by alarm at 5 to take my painkillers for my tooth. Ho hum. I must look forward to a week more of that. But anyway, the pills are keeping away the pain so I mustn`t bitch.

It was a lazy day... After trying several cash machines unsuccessfully, I went to visit my friends from France in their hostel and ended up having lunch with me (me eating simple soup), and then arranging to meet the French boy later at my hostel. Well, later was never for him, and so I went out with a Columbian girl L and an Argentinian guy N from my room, to what we hoped was some free theatre in town.

Well, nothing is ever free is it... so we moved on from that place and stumbled instead upon some free classical music inside a museum, which was quite beautiful actually. The courtyard was open so the night air crept in and kept things fresh, as is always the case in high altitude La Paz, but the music warmed me a little (awww) and I got to have a taste of something purely for the locals (I didn`t see any other gringos in there).

Afterwards, we were hungry but I was still sensitive, however after much walking around we settled on pizza. Another meal I ate slowly until it was freezing cold. Awesomeness. Then it was back to the hostel and sleepsies sleepsies sleepsies.

Sidenote: Bolivia loves a good marching band. I hear them rehearsing every single day. It`s odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment