Thursday 9 June 2011

Oh what big feet you dinosaurs have...

Second day in Sucre and it was time to jump on board the tourist bus to the dinosaur park, famed for having the largest collection of dinosaur footprints in the world. After jumping off the tourist bus and seeing all the local buses parking up behind us (great, another waste of money), we were shepherded into the park and pretty much forced to join the guided tour (which I couldn´t understand much of since it was in Spanish). Seriously, if we didn´t move along quick enuf, they had a security guard ambling along behind the group.

The park itself was pretty small, existing solely of reconstructions of the dinosaur featuring on the wall and also some other random creatures. I had to pay 5bs extra to take photos, so along with being charged 3x the price for being foreign and taking the tourist bus, we were feeling a bit ripped off. But the footprints were impressive, I will admit, and R loved it because she has always loved dinosaurs. Myself, I took the opportunity to do stupid poses in front of the statues to stave off my boredom.

The drive at least, back into town, was a good way to see the city. It really is beautiful, with the mountains all around... I wonder if the people living here think the same. Probably not, considering the large number of them that don´t even have shoes for the onset of winter.

Back in town, we found Z, the Uruguian from yesterday, who we had arranged to meet for the dinosaur park. Except that he misunderstood our plans and only arrived when we came back. So me and R walked around a bit, sitting in the park for a while with the kids running around us, and then headed back to sort ourselves out for R´s departure to Potosi. Well, she ended up staying another night (rude not to, really), and that meant I was not alone yay! She really is a lovely girl and I hope I see her again someday after this.

After another cheap meal at the markets opposite our hostel, we went to Z´s room and had a chat with him, before going to find a cheap place to eat. Except it wasn´t that easy... so me and R obstained from another meal and Z ate in solace. I was beginning to feel a lot of pain in my left moler, so life was becoming unpleasant and I was a little unsociable, especially given the effort I needed to understand them speaking Spanish.

It was another earlyish night for us - this time sans fuckers in the next room - and I bought the strongest thing to try and stave off my tooth pain. That worked - to get to sleep - but then I woke in the middle of the night to have it return, and found the second pill did absolutely jackshit. I had to do something about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment