Wednesday 10 July 2013

The more lucid memory of yesterday...

Ok, to continue with yesterday's detail in a more lucid form... Where was I at? That's right, the airport. So I'd made friends with these guys from Sydney FC who were nice enough, not sure how keen they were to have me tag along in their private transfer to tulum but hey, it was happening. My other choices consisted of hiring a car and driving myself there (more economical but a little daunting solo) or paying through the nose for a shared shuttle.

The transfer company made it a little awkward but eventually let me on. Never asked me for cash though, which was strange. A different view of Mexico than what I'd imagined. I offered a couple of times to give cash to the others but in the end A waved me on and I left in another taxi to get from their 5 star resort just before el pueblo de tulum to my, uh, more authentic property on one of the closer beaches. I think we paid about the same price and there's is all inclusive. Oh well, mine does have a certain charm about it...

Got to the hotel about 8pm and ran for the shower. Things I notice instantly - there are mosquitoes that I hadn't planned for. There is no toilet paper. I have to speak my bad Spanish (not a bad thing at all). The people are friendly. And not bad looking. But I'm not in the mood to get into those shenanigans. I slip my long black summer dress on and sit by the low key bar sipping an India/o?? Beer. I also practise my poi on the beach, which makes me a few friends and gets some great shots on another Filipino girls camera. Hopefully she will send them to me.

Bad news is that no one seems to have heard of the horseriding the guys from Sydney were going on, worse yet they don't seem to like riding them on the beaches. Bummer. I think I may have to stick to visiting the ruins and lying on the beach working on my sweet ass white girl tan. Beuno. Life could be worse.

Now, where is this desayuno they speak of....

No comments:

Post a Comment