Wednesday 10 July 2013

Your dog called - he wants his tiredness back

Welcome back my fine feathered friends, to the ever so delightful musings of Miss Sophie deLightful and her worldly travels. Albeit, much has changed in the... No, it can't be... More than a year since my last blog. As I cut my time short the paradise of St Maarten in the Caribbean to be with the love of my life. My, how time does change.

So now I find myself single again, unleashed to the world an equally vivacious yet a little more educated woman who has a bit of a handle on what exactly she wants and, more importantly, she deserves. And so the new life begins... And what a way to celebrate than to hop on a plane to Central America?!! Even better than work is footing the bill - oh, I forgot to mention, I'm now a travel agent and not a bad one either. I made it to the big global ball held every year for those who reach their targets, and who could've planned it better - I just so happen to want a free tip to Mexico!

So here I am, writing to you from a sweaty cabana in tulum just south of cancun, and I've just enjoyed some poi practice with my nighttime lights and a couple of drinks ($3 a pop) with the hotel staff, who seem to be the only ones around. My cab driver tonight it was quiet and in my attempt to find out why, I think I understood that there were renovations so it was a bit harder to get to? That, or he said he wanted to have purple alien babies with my lamp post, my Spanish is pretty rusty.

I'll start with a quick overview of my journey to this point. We got a special line to check in st Melbourne airport. Then, whilst waiting in the line, the Virgin staff give us free pjs. Winner winner chicken dinner. I scored a window seat and a spare seat between another oval achiever, T, with a seat between. The plane was quick empty actually. There were a lot of upper management and support on the plane as their conference started the next day.

My first international experience with virgin was good, except for a couple of things:
Firstly, I was rationed with the bar. The only male hostie told me, on my 6th glass of red/ beer that I needed a half hour break. There are responsible service of alcohol did I know. And was I ok with that? Well no, nitwit, in fact if it wasn't such a blatantly obvious rhetorical question. I just sat dead pan and stated at him till he awkwardly moved on.

The connection on lax was painless enough, the bags I thought would be checked through put us in a stressful situation as we sat chewing our fingernails waiting for the bags. I of course was not chewing, primarily because I knew we had Plenty of time and I'm trying not to bite my nails anymore, especially with this fan dangled new glitter manicure I got for global. Fierce.

By this stage, I'd found some people going to tulum after cancun that had already organised a transfer so I just hopped on along to theirs. Main problem was that everything here runs at snails pace compared to Melbourne. Eventually we got moving, me practising my. Ok I am falling asleep Onto my face now. Will fish tomoz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment