Wednesday 21 October 2009

My first blog! And the honour goes to... Burlesque in London town!

Why hello my precious blog-ites and welcome to the world according to Sophie deLightful!
Or you can just call me deLightful, whichever suits your mood.

Basically, I intend this to be my outlet on all things weird, wonderful and woefully average that goes on in my life. Without wanting to sound contrived, my friends often say they live vicariously through me, so I feel it is my duty to inform, entertain and occasionally offend should the circumstances require it. See, I truly am a sensitive being.

For those of you who don't know, I am soon to bring S. deL to life in my first burlesque dancing competition Nov. 5 and it actually means a lot to me. Wow, you may think, what fantastic dreams this woman has... she is actually excited about taking her clothes off in front of total strangers. Let's get one thing straight. BURLESQUE IS NOT STRIPPING. It is a totally unique mindset, an attitude, even a way of life for some. For me, it is about empowerment of the female form, about being sexy but not slutty, about what you want but can't have and there is nothing sexier than what the eye can't see. The mind is a much more interesting playground for the imagination to explore.

But anyway, I digress.

In light of my impending on-stage adventure, I have been trying to immerse myself in the local burlesque world and have come across some great nights - namely Boom Boom Club at the Bathhouse and tonight's treat, Burlesque Against Breast Cancer at Dirty Dicks.

Every time I go to one of these things it inspires, excites and intensifies my feelings towards this art form and I now have so many ideas for routines, I don't even know where to begin! I got my shoes in the mail today, 6" heels (I can hear my ankles screaming now) so it's all about training the ol' feet now.

So there you go. My first blog. I hope you found it more enjoyable than my wrists. Where's that darn jelly wrist rest when you need it eh.

Luv to you all,
S. deL

No comments:

Post a Comment